Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas House Tour Part One!

Season’s Greetings Friends!  It is shameful how long it has been since I have posted, but today I am here to share our Christmas decor with you!  We will begin our multi-part Christmas house series in the living room which is decked in red, green, and gold.

IMG_2072

Our living room is looking a bit sparse right now since my mom is currently working on reupholstering our couches (one at a time).  To make up for our loss of a couch, we added a new 46” television.  Haha!  That’s our Christmas gift to one another this year.

IMG_2060

IMG_2005

The soon-to-be-history plaid couch is sporting my snowflake pillows and a plaid Christmas afghan.

IMG_2001

I even spruced up the ottoman with an arrangement of greenery, ornaments and a candle.

IMG_2003

The side table has been moved to a lonely corner but it is decorated festively nonetheless!  My antique wooden toolbox is filled with fresh greenery, pinecones and ornaments.

IMG_2061

IMG_2062

On the wall between the windows is my new snowflake arrangement that I got from Michael’s.  I love it!

IMG_2064

And draped along each window is a tiny pinecone garland made from North Carolina pinecones!  We gathered these from the woods by my mom’s house.  Then I tied each cone with a piece of yarn and then tied those to a long string of brown yarn.  Easy and cute.  I think it might get some glitter next year, haha! :)

IMG_2070

Continuing with the rustic meets sparkle theme, the side cabinet is displaying my cute reindeer that I got last year at WorldMarket.  I also finally took time to make myself a set of pinecone trees!   Yay, they are so cute!

IMG_2012

IMG_2015

And last but not least—the Christmas tree!  This year in addition to my red ribbon I added gold and red sparkly picks and some gold tinsel loops amid the ornaments.  I also got a new tree skirt—not that you could tell under all those presents!!  You’ll be getting a whole other post on the tree at some point!  So stay tuned.

IMG_2036

Come back soon for the rest of the tour!  Only 14 days to go!  Merry Christmas!

signature

0 comments: