Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Love Birds

I don’t usually decorate for Valentine’s Day… which is a shame because I have a pink obsession!  My hoarding of pink stuff could really be an advantage when February 14th rolls around.  While I decorate obsessively for Christmas and Halloween, most of the rest of the year I keep my decor the same… neutral/spring/summer flowers, butterflies and birds.  Well… this year I was inspired to create a little Valentine’s scene.  I saw a “classic romance” vignette at Less than Perfect Life of Bliss which was the jumping off point for my creation.

IMG_2450

I decorated the top of my flatware cabinet in the dining room, starting with a silver tray topped with photos of me and my Valentine.   I threw in a pink candle (Pink Sands by Yankee Candle—the BEST fragrance!) a tiny heart shaped trinket box, and a silver creamer filled with white roses and a single red rose from my hubby that I saved many years ago.  Then I used Scrabble tiles and spelled out a sweet Valentine’s sentiment (for thirteen points).  :)

IMG_2442

IMG_2444

IMG_2446

The corner cabinet across the room also got a little “Love Birds” vignette.  I created a trio of dimensional paper hearts using a printable from Hymns and Verses.  Two of them went into the little love nest and the other one I made into dimensional art with some scrapbook paper and a sticker that reads “Love is a beautiful dream.”  The tiny love letters are actually floating candles that my mom had.  She gave them to me for my cute Valentine’s displays. :)  Thanks Mama!

IMG_2437

I continued the love birds theme in the kitchen on my tiny shelf.  A second bird is guarding another love nest.  A tiny pink heart is nestled inside.  More love letters and a few pink and yellow flowers round out the display.

IMG_2454

So far I haven’t had any complaints about the abundance of pink stuff in the house, so perhaps I can keep these up until Spring.  :)  Nothing says Spring like birds and pink flowers!

valentines

signature

1 comments:

Aunt Jan said...

You make it seem so simple, with beautiful results!