Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Joy of Springtime!

It’s my favorite time of year… Spring!  Pink blossoms on cherry trees, purple creeping phlox, white azaleas, and all those tiny green sprouts are sprouting into hostas, irises and lilies all over the yard!  I’ve been spending so much time outside I haven’t had a chance to post our Spring blooms until now.  We have been raking leaves, spreading pine needles and planting shrubs.  And I finally bought and planted the ornamental cherry tree I have been wanting for years! :)  Things are shaping up around here just in time for nice weather!

Mama replanted all the hostas that the greedy voles ate up last year.  Hopefully we have eradicated the buggers and these hostas will have a nice long life here in the backyard.

IMG_5870

IMG_5869

It is such a thrill when the creeping jenny starts popping up everywhere!  And the purple phlox are still putting on their colorful show.

IMG_5755

The phlox in front are joined by a periwinkle explosion. 

IMG_5894

We got new camellias for the front bed, aren’t they lovely?  The two I planted last year in the back were damaged by the cold winter, but they still managed to bloom a few flowers.  Hopefully they will rebound for next year.

IMG_5764

My bleeding heart is gorgeous, too… this thing is massive, but I just can’t bring myself to split it!

IMG_5897

More pink phlox on the edge of the wall.  I love this!

IMG_5760

IMG_5856

And here’s a look at our beautiful green grass that we reseeded last fall.  It looks great!

IMG_5857

My new “Kwanzan” cherry tree is in the spot where the butterfly bush used to live up by the mailbox.  I love these pink blooms!

IMG_5852

IMG_5853

Pretty pretty Spring!

IMG_5900

I’ll be back with more updates from the English garden once the snowball bush gets going!  Until then you’ll find me in the hammock soaking up this delicious weather!

signature pink

0 comments: