Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Holly Jolly Christmas House

“It’s almost Christmastime!  The time of the year that’s so full of cheer!” 

I am just sitting here listening to Christmas music and enjoying the lights on my tree and getting excited for Christmas in only 7 days!  It’s high time I posted some Christmas pictures, don’t you think?  I know you have been waiting patiently to see my decorations!  I’ve just been so busy with Nutcracker and visiting family and shopping that this is the first chance I’ve had to sit down and edit my pictures.  Aaahhh!  Christmas!

So without further ado, let’s go on a little tour, shall we?

A festive lighted garland is twining along the railing on the way up the stairs.

IMG_0623

IMG_0625

The living room is decorated with plaid and red and green and gold.

IMG_0611

IMG_0614

We decided to “choose and cut” our tree this year; it was really fun hiking over the mountain to find the perfect tree.  I think it looks pretty good!  I added some sparkly ball picks (from Lowe’s) to the topper and a few new ornaments this year.  I also put my lighted present in the sleigh under the tree! :)

IMG_0598

IMG_0595

IMG_0606

IMG_0589

I had lots of greenery leftover, so I used it in my stone urn with some floral sprays and ornaments on the side table. 

IMG_0588

I also made an arrangement for the coffee table in my little wooden sleigh that Papa built.

IMG_0585

And of course, my favorite, the old toolbox is stuffed with greenery, too!

IMG_0579

IMG_0601

I did a little rustic arrangement on the cabinet to showcase this precious picture of me and my niece from Thanksgiving.

IMG_0582

IMG_0583

The dining room is decked in all its holiday finery, as usual, with my Lenox Holiday china and metallic red candles.

IMG_0558

IMG_0560

IMG_0562

IMG_0571

IMG_0576

IMG_0564

IMG_0573

IMG_0566

And the kitchen is glittering with lights, peppermint striped candles and cute Christmas touches galore!

IMG_0526

IMG_0556

IMG_0531

IMG_0543IMG_0553

IMG_0548

IMG_0551

I even painted a new Christmas sign to go over the cabinets!

IMG_0549

The table is set with my peppermint plates from Pier1 and my mercury glass cloche is sporting a gingerbread house with a peppermint forest!

IMG_0528

IMG_0538

IMG_0542

IMG_0539

And last but not least, my Nutcracker collection is  bringing some cheer to the top of the fridge… I added a music box Nutcracker this year and Mama got me a green St. Patrick’s Day Nutcracker, too!

IMG_0431

My kitchen really makes me smile this time of year!  I’ll be back to share the den decorations as well as the Christmas lights in the yard!  Come back soon!

merry christmas

signature 1

0 comments: