Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pink Spring Tablescape

It is another beautiful Spring day today!  All the pretty blooms have inspired me to create a table setting for a Springtime celebration.

IMG_7580

I started with my grandmother’s pink rose china that she recently gifted me.  My grandmother Sarah Elizabeth “Lib” is my namesake, and besides a name, we share a love of pink roses!  She bought this beautiful china over 50 years ago.  It was her “fancy china” that she’d pull out anytime they had company for dinner.  I’ve always admired the delicate pink rose pattern, and Granny promised that one day she would pass it down to me.  So this year while we were visiting her at Easter, she let me pack up her beloved china and bring it home! :) 

I layered all the cute bowls and set the table for tea, as well.  Then I added my pink glassware that I received as a wedding gift.  The delicate footed glasses are perfect!  The embroidered white napkins I borrowed from my Mama.  I folded those up with my metal dragonfly napkin rings.  How appropriate for Spring! :)

IMG_7602

The centerpiece is a bunch of pink silk flowers (can’t wait for my real peonies!) in my crystal basket vase that I got at an antique store.  I paired that with my crystal candlesticks and a couple of smaller crystal vases. 

IMG_7604

IMG_7605

Over on the flatware cabinet I put a trio of candlesticks that my Mama gave me for my birthday.  They match the paint color in here so perfectly!  They have flowers, butterflies and bees painted on them.  So sweet. :)  The little bunny is another springtime touch. :) (Thanks Andi!)

IMG_7606

IMG_7594

IMG_7608

Now I’m ready for a Mother’s Day brunch! :)

In the meantime, I have weeds to pull and flowers to plant.  Have a Happy Spring Weekend!

signature 1

0 comments: