Tuesday, June 09, 2015

How Does your Garden Grow?

Summer is almost here, which means gardening season is in full swing.  We planted ours a few weeks ago and everything is growing crazy down there!  Here’s a look:

IMG_7873

We decided to run the rows the short way of the garden this time.  On the right side we have onions and corn.

IMG_7848IMG_7854

Next is half runner green beans on my new bean wires.

IMG_7852

In the middle is bell peppers, jalapenos, and tomatoes.

IMG_7856

Then I planted tiny ornamental pumpkins on my other set of wires.  Can’t wait to see if they climb!

IMG_7859

And on the end are more greens beans.  These are bush beans: Blue Lake 47, and Triomphe de Farcy which is a french style green bean.  I’m really looking forward to those!

IMG_7861

The left side of the garden is still empty but we’re planning to put in a late crop of corn in the leftover space.

The rest of the yard down here is looking pretty good, too.  I have several things blooming right now. The purple speedwells all survived the year and are blooming again.

IMG_7837

The yarrow that was tiny last year is beautiful and plentiful this year!

IMG_7841

I also planted wildflower seed in the space behind our flower bed and everything is up.  Some things have already started blooming too! :)

IMG_7847

We have a few petunias and some marigolds along the creekbank.  The coneflowers are about to bloom, too!

IMG_7850

My purple butterfly bush is blooming!

IMG_7863

Yellow primrose that was transplanted from a friend.  Thanks Lisa!

IMG_7867

My annual phlox are pretty too!

IMG_7869

The rock bed is sporting petunias and verbena.

IMG_20150511_110314_181

The right bed is bordered by a “forest of pokeroot” which my mother massacred over the weekend.  I’ll get some updated pics of that for you.  It’s way more open now on that side.  I saw three deer this morning over there.  They must be in the neighborhood checking on my garden progress to see if the tomatoes are ready yet. ;)

IMG_7874

Some of the lilies are blooming I noticed today, and the beans have started twining up the wires! Yay!  Go garden! 

The front yard is looking good, too.  The impatiens are in full swing.

IMG_7823

IMG_7825

Oak leaf hydrangeas. :)

IMG_7827

IMG_7830

IMG_7831

IMG_7833

IMG_7895

Everything is so pretty and we’ve been getting lots of rain so I haven’t had to water the annuals too often.  But looks like it’s going to be a dry, hot week this week, so I guess I’ll be getting my chance!  :)  Happy Summer!

signature 1

0 comments: