Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Rustic Brown, Green, Silver and Gold Christmas Mantel!

It’s only 4 days until Christmas!!  So I am back to share my Christmas mantel in the den.  This year I continued my silver and gold theme as I have done in the past, but I added a couple of things just to change it up a bit.

For starters, I took down the artwork over the mantel and put up my pinecone wreath (from Target) in the center.  Then I hung up my glistening pine bough underneath the mantel.  I layered it with more pine sprigs, gold feathery leaves, brown pinecones and glitter pinecones, plus a string of lights!  The top got an assortment of candles in crystal, pewter and glass holders and my glass trees, plus a few more sprigs of greenery and some pinecones.  My NOEL letters were center front, again. :)  Silver and gold snowflakes completed the display hanging from the pine garland.

IMG_5222

IMG_5224

On the hearth I displayed my new PB look alike lanterns that I got for Halloween (from Amazon).  They are adorned with some glittery sprigs and pine sprays. 

IMG_5225

IMG_5242

Inside the fireplace I decided to stack cut wood like I saw in Country Living magazine.  It’s a nice rustic touch that eliminates the ugly view of the inside of the firebox.  My Papa came and we cut down a couple of little trees and hauled them out of the woods and up to the house.  By the end, I was regretting my plan!  :)  But I think it turned out nicely, even if it was really hard work! :)

IMG_5240

On the coffee table I gathered a bowl of ornaments and pinecones with a trio of candles. 

IMG_5228

IMG_5238

And the couch is sporting the green snowflake pillow that I made a couple years ago. 

IMG_5226

The blue dresser also got a nod to the season with a couple of white feather trees and a gold grapevine Moravian star.  I am planning to add some glitter to this little jewel, soon! :)

IMG_5237

Last but not least our stockings were hung on either end of the mantel…  Santa, we are ready for you! :)

IMG_5233

IMG_5230

Merry Christmas Everyone! :)

signature pink

1 comments:

Aunt Jan said...

Merry Christmas Sarah! It is all so beautiful.