Sunday, January 24, 2016

Living Room Curtains!

For Christmas my mother decided to make my sister and me new draperies for our houses.  Yay!  I have been wanting to replace the curtains in the living room for a while now.  It's on the list.  Anyway, I can never decide on fabric and of course when I do, the one I pick is $30/yard embroidered linen.  Not exactly affordable.  So, I put the curtain project on the back burner for a while.  Then when Mama asked me what I'd like for Christmas I decided now would be the perfect time to pick a new fabric and have her sew it for me!  Hooray!  Mama is an experienced drapery maker, and I was happy to hand this job off!  :)  I picked a lovely neutral floral print cotton from Fabric.com.  It's Waverly's Barano Bliss.  It has a nice gray/beige background with a slate blue, golden yellow, brown and ivory floral print.  It looks perfect with our couches and the wall color. :)


The yellow chenille pillows are from Ikea, I had my friend pick them up for me while she was there over Christmas break.  Thanks Marissa!  They are a bit brighter than the yellow in the curtains, but they certainly bring some cheer to the room!  :)  And they'll look especially nice come Spring!




We had some extra fabric leftover from the draperies so Mama made me this matching pillow with fringe trim for my chair.



Here's a good view of the curtain fabric.  I think it would look nice in the dining room, too, with my new color scheme.  I might end up buying a bit more to make coordinating drapes in there.  We'll see.  These curtains are lined with Roc Lon thermal suede lining so hopefully they will help insulate our old windows against temperature extremes.  It's been pretty cold lately, so I've been keeping them closed at night to block the chill.  I'm really enjoying my new curtains.  Thanks Mama!




Well, it's another snow day for me, so I must get back to my knitting. :)  At least until I have to go out and help shovel the driveway.  Boo!

Stay warm!


0 comments: