Sunday, January 10, 2016

Winter ONEderland Birthday Party!

This weekend we celebrated my nephew Barrett's first birthday with a Winter "ONE"derland party.  He is such a happy baby and loves everyone, especially me. ;)



So I pulled out all the stops for his first birthday shindig!  Hannah came up with the Winter Wonderland theme since he's a January baby.  Here is the invitation I designed:


My sister took the adorable photo of Barrett and I superimposed it on a snowy background for the invitation.  :)

We decorated the party room with snowflakes and white pom poms and woodland animals and trees.


We had soup and sandwiches for lunch with fruit and veggies, and cupcakes for dessert.



For the centerpieces I arranged some wooden trees, pinecone trees and assorted woodland animals on the tables.  Ruger helped me sprinkle "snow" and blue confetti to finish off the scene. :)




Behind the food buffet, we had a photo display of Barrett's first year in pictures. :)



For favors I made these polar bear cookies.  They were actually pretty fun to make. The recipe can be found at Everyday Dishes.


Then I packaged them up in little bags with a tag that read: "Thank you BEARY much for coming!" They are so cute!


We also had hot cocoa favors for guests to take home after their trip to our Winter Wonderland! 




I made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes and decorated them with white chocolate snowflakes and edible candy pearls. 


After lunch, big brother Ruger helped Barrett open his gifts.


 Then it was time for his first birthday cake!  Ruger helped him blow out his candle...


Barrett wasn't so sure about the cake part, but he did have some icing. :)




 We all had fun celebrating our big boy Barrett!  Happy Birthday Buddy!



0 comments: