Monday, October 01, 2012

Silver, Green and Gold Fall Mantel

Last weekend I challenged myself to create a mantelscape with no orange or red for my fall mantel.  Here’s what I came up with using green, gold and silver.

IMG_1338

Silver and green aren’t the normal fall hues, but they work well with my decor in the den. And lucky for me they actually sell green and silver pumpkins!

On the left side (or “the wonky side” as I like to think of it because the mantel shelf is warped and this side is slanted toward the floor… dangerous for candleholders and fragile things and things you want to look straight) I put a beaded green pumpkin and a green cinderella pumpkin from Michaels along with one of my silver candlesticks (from Goodwill) the mercury glass pillar holder (from Target) and a crystal candlestick.  Talk about mixed metals and materials!  Texture!  That is how I roll.  A gold taper brings in a bit of warmth and some hydrangea blossoms are scattered beneath for filler and color.

IMG_1352

The other side is similar but with an antique oil lamp thrown in.  And there is a dried gourd painted gold instead of more pumpkins.  I am still digging through my fall boxes for some green and gold fall leaves. :)

IMG_1340

And over on the turquoise dresser is the piece de resistance-- the etched mercury glass pumpkin from Pottery Barn.  LOVE.  Thanks Andi and Nick for the most beautiful birthday present!  It is hanging out with some more candlesticks and the mercury glass votives that were a past gift from A&N.  Thanks! :)

IMG_1345

Ahh, fall is lovelier than ever in these shades of green and metallic.  Now I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate my new silver pumpkin into my Christmas decor.  Suggestions are welcome, please comment below! :)

Happy Fall!

signature

0 comments: