Saturday, July 05, 2014

Happy 4th of July! (and Happy 5th Birthday Blog!)

Happy Independence Day!  And Happy 5th Birthday to It’s a Horvath’s Life!  288 posts and counting, I’ve been blogging about my house, my garden, my family and other random thoughts from my life for five years!  Thanks for joining me here!

We decided since the weather was so beautiful (85 and sunny!) that we should host a little party for the 4th of July!  My family came and joined us for hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs and apple pie!  Yum!  The house and lower deck were festive, decked out with all my patriotic décor. 

IMG_6977

IMG_6988

I even made some cute little arrangements with paper fans left over from Ruger’s Cowboy Party

IMG_6987

IMG_7006

IMG_7004

We spent the afternoon stringing beans from my mother’s garden (goes pretty fast when five people are working!) while Papa entertained us with his guitar.  Then we had dinner and went out to play cornhole and visit on the deck.  I put more bunting on the lower deck, along with my sparkly centerpieces from our party two years ago.  I also added my Moravian star light to the string lights in the ceiling.  It’s both festive and functional!

IMG_6947

IMG_6949

IMG_6952

IMG_6951

Riley was worn out from a day of running around chasing the cornhole bags! 

IMG_7009

After everyone left, Michael and I walked over to the town square for the local fireworks show!  Once again, it did not disappoint.  It was a great day!

IMG_20140704_213500_682

Hope you all had a fun 4th of July celebration! 

signature pink

0 comments: