Sunday, September 13, 2009

Phase Two! Finally!

The couch has arrived!

This morning we fought our reupholstered couch into the den.  After failing through two doors, we finally tried the front door and managed to manhandle it down the stairs into the den.  I say we, but clearly there was no Sarah-handling involved.

And there it sits in all its glory accompanied by the friendly flock of pillows.

You may remember the process of reupholstering that I told you about a few weeks ago.  Here’s another look at the adventure.

BEFORE:

IMG_9034

IMG_9041

You can see that Mama did all the hard work while I took pictures.  :) I did put a few staples in on the bottom and I made all the piping!  I also helped remove the 50,000 staples, of course.

IMG_9058

IMG_9066 IMG_9068

And VOILA!  Here is our new blue couch in its new home:

IMG_9147 IMG_9148

IMG_9151

Thank you Mama for all your hard work on the lovely couch!

 

I’ll also take this opportunity to share my latest art project for the den.  These are a couple of butterfly prints that I decoupaged to stretched canvas and then displayed over the couch.

Michael helped me pick which butterflies to use.  How sweet!

Here they are, up close:

IMG_9150

That completes phase two of the Great Den Redecorating Process.  Stay tuned for more updates as I bring you a lamp makeover and the upholstered bulletin board project! 

How do you like it so far?

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Ooh! I love it! It's fabulous! :-)