Thursday, January 01, 2009

About Me

crop

Hey there…we’re the Horvaths.  He’s Michael, and I’m Sarah.  And I’m slightly obsessed with home decor.  ;)

We’re newlyweds.  Michael and I were married in May 2008 after five years of dating. 

DSC_2754

We’ve been through a lot together and he keeps me grounded and sane.  Last year, we embarked on a new adventure and bought our first house.  Since the day we moved in, I’ve been fixing the place up to make it ours, trying my hand at home improvement, with assistance from our families.  Michael and I live here with our cat, Bandit, whose feline antics make life both frustrating and fun!

IMG_8673

I’m also a seamstress, working on costumes, apparel, home furnishings and accessories; I love variety.  I also like to paint, whether it’s art for my house, furniture, or the walls.  As you can probably tell, there are plenty of walls left to paint in this house!  I like to cook, especially if there’s chocolate or sugar involved, although I’m trying to learn to make healthy food, too.  I also like to write, as is evident on this blog. (I think it stems from being a motor mouth.)

IMG_1339

Our home is our haven and I want it to reflect us inside and out, which is why I spend a lot of time working in the yard on the landscaping.  I learned everything I know from my talented and capable mother and my intelligent and patient father.  My sister, brother and I are blessed to have such incredible parents.  Family is definitely one of the most important things in my life.  I started this blog to share pictures of our house with them.  It is dedicated to my ramblings on home improvement and home decor projects.  Thanks for stopping by for a glimpse into a Horvath’s Life!

IMG_8493

signature

0 comments: