Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Harvest Decor

Autumn has officially arrived!  A chill is in the air and the leaves have turned and are falling all around.  It’s time I shared my fall decorations with you all.  I skipped right over Halloween at our house this year (with the exception of a black cat on the porch for trick-or-treaters) and went straight into Autumn Elegance.  Here’s a look around the house.

In the kitchen, I spruced up a footed crystal bowl with some gum balls (seed pods from the Gum tree—these things are good for something after all!), acorns, berries, and a candle, for a little fall feeling.

IMG_3367

And on the kitchen table, my fun, green pumpkin from Michael’s sits on a white cake stand and is surrounded by mercury glass votives (Thanks, Andi!)  It’s cute and it really looks real… love the discoloration and scuff marks. :)

IMG_3352

On in the living room, the little cabinet is snazzied up with a beaded green pumpkin (seems to be the color of choice for my pumpkins this year) in a wooden tray filled with leaves.  I am so happy with my new console cabinet… It’s another great place for me to display seasonal things (including seasonal, color appropriate photos of me and Michael.. hehe)!

IMG_3354 IMG_3357

Fall centerpieces from my sister’s wedding flank the television.

IMG_3361

And a little floral arrangement decorates the side table by the couch.

IMG_3362

In the dining room, the cornucopia is overflowing with miniature pumpkins and leaves…

IMG_3364

while Bandit is hiding behind the Indian corn!

IMG_3136

The chandelier is sporting some grapevine, leaves and a few metallic pumpkins.

IMG_3366

And the mirror is wearing its fall berry wreath, as usual. :)

IMG_3365

Outside on the porch, a few pumpkins and mums and a fall wreath herald the season.

IMG_3345

Happy Fall!

signature

0 comments: