Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin Topiaries and a New Doormat!

Well since Thanksgiving is next week, I figured it was past time for me to share my autumn porch decor! 

This year I skipped the mums (save one that I planted by the mailbox) and went straight for the pumpkins!  After our Halloween party I snatched the towering pumpkin topiaries to use on my front porch.  But rather than sitting them on the ground, I put them atop my spray painted urns for a little extra height.  I think next year I will weave leaf garland around each tier and maybe add some string lights?  That could be pretty!

IMG_8306

I added my old fall grapevine wreath to the front door.  I am loving how everything pops against the new black door

IMG_8312

And while I was at it, I added a new jute doormat from Lowes. 

IMG_8307

Back when I shared my black door transformation, there was some concern over my less than stellar doormat, which I had already attempted to repaint.  I could tell it was not hitting the spot.  And even Michael suggested I get a new one.  Then he said that it needed to be bigger. 

Lightbulb!  YES!  The porch is so long and skinny and the doorframe + sidelights so wide that a regular size welcome mat looked dinky in comparison.  So off I went (birthday gift card in hand—Thanks Mike and Molly!) to Lowes to pick out a new, larger doormat.  Luckily they had this oversized beauty.  I love it!  I think it completes the porch perfectly.

IMG_8308

It’s looking better, but I still have a long way to go… paint storm door, threshold and shutters.  (I did get the porch washed though… Thanks Papa!)  The painting projects will be on hold until warmer weather. 

But the porch is sure to get a lot of attention soon, in the form of Christmas decorations!  Yay!

IMG_8304 

signature

0 comments: