Monday, May 11, 2015

Spring Dining and Blooming Baskets!

Last week I showed your our lower deck with all the furniture and flowers.  I’m back to share our upper deck today.

We have a beautiful table and chairs that my Mama got for us several years ago.  We had the set powder-coated last year and now it has a durable finish that will last a long, long time!  So it was easy to spruce up for Spring this year, just spray it off with the pressure washer and decorate!

IMG_1178

I found these beautiful turquoise and green watercolor plates at Walmart.  I just had to have them!  :)  So then I had to set the table for an alfresco dinner on the deck!

IMG_1180

I paired them with aqua placemats, green dot napkins and my pink footed glassware.  For a centerpiece, I added a potted plant and my star votive cups.  :)

IMG_1185

IMG_1195

The table coordinates nicely with my herb pots in the corner.  I decided to buy another pot for the top basket this year and of course, it was a different color blue. :) 

IMG_1198

I have rosemary, chives, thyme, and basil growing here.  The little plant markers were a gift from my friend.  Thanks, Andi!  They are quite cute!

IMG_1199

Over by the door I have two planter baskets.  One is hosting my fairy garden again this year.  The other has a pink begonia and creeping jenny.

IMG_1189

I also set up a hummingbird buffet.  Supposedly hummingbirds love fuchsia nectar, so here you go, little friends!  It’s all you can eat, please come!! :)

IMG_1190

Aren’t these blooms exquisite?

IMG_1191

My other blooming baskets are hanging on the fence at the end of the driveway.  I got these hanging art planters last fall on clearance from Gardener’s Supply.  I can’t find them on their site anymore, but I did find them on Amazon.  They are so pretty and really brighten up my shady garden!

I picked hot pink blooms for two and coral blooms for two.  They have colorful geraniums and impatiens and I filled in with blue lobelia and chartreuse sweet potato vine.

IMG_1202

IMG_1203

IMG_1204

IMG_1205

We’ll check back on these as summer progresses, hopefully they will keep blooming for months!

I’ll be back soon with a few more flowery spots to share!  Plus, we’ve been planting the big garden, so I’ll share progress on that when everything sprouts! :)

signature 1

0 comments: