Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Tour Part Two!

I'm back with the second installment of our Horvath Christmas House Tour!  Let's go into the kitchen and check out all the festive details...

We had planned to build a custom kitchen island this summer, but decided to do the deck instead. This little kitchen cart has been working great for our prep space.




I saw this idea for putting red snowflakes on your white cabinets on Pinterest and just had to try it. They stick right up there with command strips.  Although it kind of looks like my kitchen has chicken pox! ;)



Here is our little hot chocolate station, complete with cute Santa mugs.  I really wanted to include the whipped cream (a must for my hot chocolate) but it seemed wrong to insinuate that I leave that out on the counter! It's in the fridge if anyone wants some!





When I started working for the School of the Arts, my boss gave me my first Nutcracker to commemorate our annual Nutcracker production.  Several years later, I'm getting quite a collection! 






In the dining room, the table is set for dinner and all the glittering red and gold touches are in place. Now the challenging part is figuring out how to seat nine at my table for six (which will seat eight in a pinch)... I'll keep you posted on my Holiday dinner arrangements! :)  




My Lenox Holiday china is set on red chargers and flanked by Gorham Festive Holly glasses.




I made a new wreath for the mirror this year with some pine sprays and berries and a big plaid bow!




That's all for now; I have to go attend to some hot chocolate that's calling my name.  Come back soon for the final part of the tour!


0 comments: