Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Furniture Swap

So this weekend, while we were snowed in, I decided to set up our “new” printer/scanner/fax/copy machine that I stole from my parent’s house (they weren’t really using it).  ;)

Well, this office has major problems, most of them involving our desks!  So, until we can find a new desk or desks that will fit the space, I just stuck the printer in the corner next to the closet… for now.

It’s hanging out on a little dresser that I snatched from the laundry room.

IMG_1480

This dresser was a nightstand that we got secondhand.  I painted it semi-gloss black and bought new brushed nickel pulls for it.  It looks great with the sleek printer!  And it balances out the art on the wall above.

IMG_1485

That “art” would be our college diplomas!  After five years, we finally got them framed as a Christmas gift from my parents, who built the frames for us.  They really look great in here.

Since I had to steal the little dresser from the laundry, there was an empty spot in there which had to be remedied.  So I swiped this antique sewing machine stand from the den.  This piece was another gift from my mom for our new house.  Don’t worry, the den won’t miss this one.  :)

IMG_1493

While we are in here, let me show you the pink rose wreath I made for the wall.

IMG_1307

The roses came from my wedding decor and the wreath form was leftover from my brother’s wedding, so this one cost me zero dollars!  And if I change my mind later, I can disassemble it and use it again. :)  Sorta looks a little Valentine-y in here, no?

So, I’m just watching it rain onto the snow, today.  Wishing that groundhog hadn’t seen his shadow in PA!  Happy Groundhog Day!

signature

0 comments: