Thursday, January 19, 2012

Project Sneak Peeks: Desk, Dresser, and Play Kitchen

For the last few weeks I have been mad projecting.  Which may not be the correct way to say I have been building, staining, priming, painting and repainting.  I’m working on three different (wildly so) projects at once and it’s getting a little mad around here (and at Fort Guthrie!).  My garage is starting to have some semblance of order again and I suspect Papa’s is, too… I hope? 

We started construction on our monolith dream desk at the first of the New Year.  Twenty days later and all I have to show for it is a folder full of in process pics!  Delivery of the giant is scheduled for this weekend, pending good weather.  Let’s just say that this reveal is burning a hole in my pocket photo folder!  So while we wait for the “after” photos, I bring you a sneak peek:

IMG_9296

My second project of the year is a secondhand dresser that I am refinishing for the den.  I finally found something to replace the giant black cabinet in there and I decided to paint it… Caribbean Splash!  Which is a glorified way of saying turquoise. :)  It’s bright, it’s blue… it’s taking over one whole wall of the den!  I am waiting for the poly to dry before I can accessorize the top and bring you the full reveal, but here is a glimpse:

IMG_9267

Yes, that’s a glimpse of the reindeer, too… they are in line for a new paint job.   Take a number.

And last but not least, we are practicing multi-tasking this week… while waiting for glue/stain/poly to dry on the desk, we put together a play kitchen for my niece’s birthday!  It’s a small shelf that we retrofitted with doors and cubbies for a make-believe kitchen.  And I’m putting on all the finishing touches, like burners, knobs, hooks and what not.  It’s been a fun process!  I suppose I can give you a peek to tide you over until the big reveal…

IMG_9314

By the way, I love contact paper!  This kitchen is shaping up cuter than my own kitchen… I’m jealous!

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse of what I’ve been up to these past few weeks… working hard to bring you some awesome projects from this Horvath’s life. 

I’ll be back as soon as all the things are dry/installed/accessorized to share the after pics and all the details!

Happy Friday!

signature

0 comments: