Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Guthrie Garden Spectacular (Summer Edition)

I was visiting my parent’s on Monday and I brought along my camera to capture some of the summer abundance in my mother’s flower beds.  Here’s a look at what’s blooming at the Guthries’:

Peach lilies are juxtaposed with a barn wood birdhouse that my Papa built.

IMG_6758

Mama’s potted plants put mine to shame every year.  She’s keeping the nonstop begonias in the greenhouse and that decision has paid off… they’re gorgeous!  Mine are nearly dead. :(  Might have to steal. hehe

IMG_6762

This is the top tier of an oval plant stand.  We filled it with a coconut liner and potting soil before planting hot pink geraniums, coleus, creeping jenny and sweet potato vine.  I love the combo of raspberry and chartreuse!

IMG_6764

Here’s another planter with impatiens, coleus, begonia and creeping jenny.

IMG_6765

Petunias, coleus, and livingstone daisy trailing over the front.

IMG_6767

Lovely pink lilies.

IMG_6769

Yellow lantana topiary.  Mama has two of these, they are so cool! :)

IMG_6770

Another potted arrangement, this one is in an old egg basket.  It’s got two tone pink geraniums, coleus and verbena.

IMG_6772

Geraniums, petunias, vinca, coleus and sweet potato vine!

IMG_6775

I think she has a thing for coleus.  Here’s a dark pink variety.

IMG_6776

The zinnias are sprouting from the sidewalk! ;)

IMG_6779

IMG_6782

IMG_6783

IMG_6784

Purple veronica and red geraniums.

IMG_6785

IMG_6804

A cozy fern corner.

IMG_6800

Bee balm.

IMG_6799

IMG_6788

IMG_6790

Purple butterfly bush.

IMG_6794

Mama’s lower garden.

IMG_6793

IMG_6795

The upper garden.

IMG_6796

The first pumpkin!

IMG_6797

That’s what’s blooming around these parts.  I’ll be back with updates from my own garden.  We spied our first pumpkin yesterday! Whoo hoo! :) 

Happy Summer Friends!

signature pink

 

P.S.  For more Guthrie floral abundance, see the Guthrie Garden Spectacular (Spring Edition 2011) here

0 comments: