Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Guthrie Family Workday!

Last weekend I “invited” my family to come help me unload a trailer full of mulch to the new garden.  My brother John used his trailer and filled it up with premium oak mulch.  Then he, Michael, Mama, Papa, my sister Hannah, her husband Josh and I spent the morning unloading it into trailers, wheelbarrows and carts.  Then we drove it down the hill into the new garden.  Whew!  It was a lot of work, and of course one trailer full was not enough, so we will be doing this again soon! :)

Even though it was a lot of work, I think we all had fun (though some people may not admit it!).  I had a chest cold (how convenient) so I didn’t do an awful lot of pushing wheelbarrows but I did unload a few loads, rake, direct other people and of course, take pictures, my specialty!  I didn’t want you to miss out on the fun!

Josh brought his four-wheeler and trailer so he could move a lot of mulch with little effort.  Smart man!

IMG_6477

And he had our littlest helper riding alongside.

IMG_6480

IMG_6481

IMG_6482

Eventually John pulled the trailer down the driveway so we didn’t have to walk so far…

IMG_6484

IMG_6488

IMG_6494

IMG_6497

After the mulch was unloaded, Papa and I started working on a “kissing bench” for the new garden.  Originally I planned to put it under a tree on the hill, but we decided it was better over in the corner by the woods.  He’s waiting on me to get the level… and the camera. :)

IMG_6498

Josh and John used this time to cut off some dead limbs from nearby trees and also a bunch of stumps in the pathway and flower beds.

IMG_6501

IMG_6502

IMG_6523

After we completed the bench, we left our drill behind and little Ruger decided to have a go. :)

IMG_6515

If you have any mud drilling that needs to be done, he is your man!

IMG_6532

Papa and I next turned our attention to a birdhouse post.

IMG_6521

And someone sneakily got my picture filling the post hole! ;)

IMG_6524

IMG_6525

Before everyone took off for the day, I made them all pose on the new bench.  Maybe you’ve seen our fancy holiday family photos, but this is a REAL Guthrie photo!  Thanks for your help, my hardworking family! :)

IMG_6507-SMILE

I’ll be back with actual pictures of the flower beds and the growing garden, too!  Stay tuned!

signature pink

0 comments: