Sunday, June 27, 2010

Guest Bath Sneak Peek

The last couple of weeks I’ve been busy on a little project.

And by little, I mean the room… not the tasks!

We have been redecorating our guest bathroom!   It’s a tiny 8’ x 5’ space with a tub and shower and full size vanity taking over the room.  The dated, worn cabinets and brass fixtures were begging for an overhaul.  This is the place:

IMG_9001     IMG_9004

Very memorable and inspired, no?

Don’t you just love that brassy gold mirror… with the ever popular elongated octagon shape?  Yeah, me too.  I’m over the moon. :)

So, to begin with, the mirror had to go… and the matching brass light fixture with fluted glass sconces.  Blech.  I’m not even going to qualify that with a photo.  Just use your imagination.

After finding the perfect wood framed mirror (manufactured in 1960… yay reusing antiques!) and refinishing it,

IMG_2241

and the perfect(ly priced) chrome light fixture (yay, Walmart!),

IMG_2435

then we were off to find the perfect (or thereabouts) paint color.  Our search finally ended with a lovely sage green called Bayou Shade by Valspar.

Here is your sneak peek!

IMG_2432

Ahh.. so refreshing. 

So, that’s all you’re getting for today, but I will be back with more updates on the guest bathroom makeover!  There is more to come including mirror and vanity refinishing, a new shower curtain and accessories, plus some homemade artwork!  Stay tuned!

signature

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm on the edge of my seat! The color is wonderful!