Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Flowers

Summer is almost over… and soon I won’t have much to show you by way of blooming beauties.  So, here’s a look at what’s been blooming in the yard this month.

My mandevilla from last year that I overwintered in the house… has bloomed FINALLY!  I finally found a place that has enough sunlight for this guy… but since it’s an annual, we’ll be saying farewell pretty soon.  But at least I got three gorgeous pink blooms out of it this season!

IMG_2845

Likewise, the impatiens will be on their way out, soon, too.  But some of my last year’s impatiens came back, so I expect a return next year of at least a few of these plants.  I love them… my flowerbed will be so bare this winter!

IMG_2891

This one is called “Bluebeard” and this is its first year of blooms!  Yay!  It’s a nice fall perennial, so we’ll see some more blooms as the summer winds down.

IMG_2886

And last but not least, Liriope.  The previous homeowners here must have LOVED liriope because it is all over the place.  And it’s one of my favorite late summer blooms, plus we get to enjoy the green foliage all year long!

IMG_2887 IMG_2889

  Happy September!

Are you ready for fall to be here, yet?

signature

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ha. We had previous owners who loved liriope, too. But our plants are just in a sad state of brown due to lack of water! ;-)

TA Guthrie said...

I am more than ready.......