Thursday, December 16, 2010

Colorful Christmas Kitchen

I finally finished decorating our kitchen for the holidays.  This week I added some colored lights and a few other things that make me smile this time of year.

Here’s a look around the kitchen…

          IMG_3671

The kitchen window is festified with green and red ornaments hanging from the ceiling and a fresh cypress wreath.

IMG_3676     IMG_3679

IMG_3682

My KitchenAid mixer even got outfitted for Christmas with a pink Santa hat.  This little corner is also home to a pink pinecone tree that my niece made for me, and a pile of presents!

IMG_3687

IMG_3693

The upper cabinets are decorated with string lights and a flurry of snowflakes! 

IMG_3685

IMG_3702

My new “Scottish” Nutcracker takes his place next to the stove.

IMG_3683

The kitchen table is set with poinsettia placemats, red napkins, and red holly plates topped with Christmas cats.

IMG_3624

IMG_3626

IMG_3628     

Even Bandit is ready for Christmas… his favorite pastime these days is chewing on the faux pine bough on the railing.  And of course batting the ornaments off the tree! :)

IMG_3669

 

image

FROM THE HORVATHS

 

Come back soon and I’ll show you the rest of our holiday decor plus some Christmas crafts! :)

signature

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Very festive! My house is so boring compared to yours!

Anonymous said...

Caroline's tree made your blog!!! She will be so proud!
Debbie