Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Merry and Bright

holiday greetings

Christmas is coming!  To herald its arrival, I pulled out all the Christmas boxes the day after Thanksgiving, and in between shopping at the mall (eek!) I got most of it put up.  The rest has been added over the last week or so.  Here’s a look around the house at some of our Christmas decorations!

On the back of the front door, an evergreen wreath spruces up the space.

IMG_3402

For this wreath, I started with a faux wreath and added real fir trimmings, glittery red branches, and shiny red ornaments.

IMG_3405

As we continue up the stairs, our garland is also accented with glittery branches and ornaments.

IMG_3384

Twinkle lights add a little extra cheer.

IMG_3383

Our new cabinet got a holiday vignette complete with two live topiary trees.  (Fingers crossed that I don’t kill them!)  The topper is an old mantel scarf that I adjusted to fit the cabinet.  It’s so cute here!  Greenery, holly and a Santa complete the scene. 

Can you tell I’m loving my new spot to decorate?!

IMG_3565

  Over on the couch, the red snowflake pillows that I made last year are back, along with our lighted gift on the little table.

IMG_3388

And here is the Christmas Tree!  I added gold mesh ribbon to the mix this year for a little something different.

IMG_3381

Our oversize ornaments fill the doorway into the dining room. 

IMG_3400

The dining table is set with Lenox Holiday china, red chargers, and gold swirl placemats.  Gold snowflake ornaments twinkle from the chandelier.

IMG_3394

I switched up the centerpiece this year with real holly and berries, plus velvet poinsettias.

IMG_3390

And on the wreath over the mirror, I added a ring of red glittery berries!  Love!

IMG_3393

Even the corner cabinet got a little spruce for Christmas with some greenery and berries on top!

IMG_3397

And of course, I had to bring out the Christmas cat plates to update the dining room display.  

IMG_3399

Here’s your parting glance at the tree…   

IMG_3421

Until next time…  when I reveal our new look for Christmas in the den!

signature

0 comments: