Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Christmas Candy Kitchen

Today our holiday tour brings us into the kitchen where I’m creating a wonderland of bright colors and candy stripes!  Last year I showed you my colorful Christmas kitchen.  Well, since then I have added an array of colorful ornaments, tinsel and a candy themed table.  Come along and I’ll show you the sweet stuff…

IMG_8461

Tinsel along the cabinets is paired with colorful glowing lights.  Over the sink, a medley of colorful glittery ornaments are suspended from the ceiling.  Beneath, a cedar wreath and my “wish” sign adorn the window. 

IMG_8472

Snowflakes flutter over the cabinets on the other side of the kitchen.  The snowflakes are double-sided with color on one side, but it seems they were all rebelling and decided to turn white-side out.  Hmmph…

IMG_8474

Now for the piece de resistance… my sweet Christmas table!! 

IMG_8452

It’s lacking the pretty red table runner (since it really lives in the dining room) so I guess I’ll have to make another one!  Once again, the peppermint dishes from Pier 1 are combined with a cupcake candle from Kohl’s.  I added a couple of vintage Santa mugs because I saw them at Pottery Barn and realized my Mama had very similar ones from the 80’s!!  I just noticed that PB’s version has winking and blinking Santas.  Color me jealous.

IMG_8453

The cupcake candles actually smell like cupcakes…  You can imagine what that is doing for my self control. :)

IMG_8454

For the centerpiece I found these peppermint stripe candles last year and thought they would be perfect!  I elevated the display on a cake stand.  The green placemat is from Michael’s.  I see these die cut placemats everywhere and I love them!

IMG_8455

My dedication to the Christmas Candy theme lead me to pick up this cutie ribbon candy tree at Big Lots the other day.  It’s made from claydough (not PlayDough, right Abby?) which I think is retail speak for “incredibly fragile and likely to break within the first year”.  It is the perfect complement to my candy and sweets theme… and it was totally worth $10, right Hannah?

IMG_8537

The supporting cast on the shelf is a vintage teddy bear bank and caroling kittens.  Have I mentioned lately that I love my tiny kitchen shelf?  The only thing that could make it better is if it were bigger.  :) :)

Pier 1 has a candy wreath that I must have to go on the opposite wall.  Either that, or I’m gonna DIY something like this evergreen one.

image           image

Pier 1                                                                       Other guys  

In the corner over the table, I hung my giant ornaments formerly of the dining room doorway.  Michael complained that they were hitting him in the head.  Oh well, at least it gave me an opportunity to try them in a new spot…

IMG_8469

The kitchen is especially festive at night with just the colorful lights and everything glows pink! :)

IMG_8569  IMG_8568

Thanks for coming along on the Christmas tour… come back soon to see our silver and gold holiday mantel!

image

signature

2 comments:

Hannah said...

It was definitely worth $10. Glad it fits on the shelf. Looks like Dolly was right, it is gonna be a hard candy Christmas!

Heather said...

LOVE the pictures and you guys are just so talented..
wishing you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year